Working at ReDeal: Data Scientist
We promote a truly collaborative work environment to develop the best experience for our customers, and the best talent in our team. We encourage everyone to do their best work, and that means you won’t find endless hierarchies or approval processes here. If you want to improve, update or fix something, go for it. We strongly believe that every idea from our team, is one worth exploring.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and an inclusive culture. We hire solely on the basis of merit, qualifications and ability.
- Collect, transform and analyze data to solve complex challenges
- Conduct leading-edge research in the real estate and housing market
- Collaborate amongst a team of software developers and data scientists to lead our data infrastructure and propel our business forward
- Produce information and insights to inform our internal and external decisions
Nice but not a necessity
- Previous research or industry experience
- Experience with statistical software packages, data visualization tools or distributed computing frameworks
- Familiar with developing data mining algorithms
- Interested in rapidly developing fields of computer science such as machine learning
- Eager to learn and apply new technologies to solve business problems (i.e. image recognition in TensorFlow)
- Working towards a degree (or background) in a quantitative field.
- Ability to work independently; developing your own methodology and findings
- Strong programming skill (i.e. Python, R)
- Strong web data extraction skills
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and the ability to work with large datasets
- Great organizational and communication skills
- Paid per project completed
- Opportunities to learn and grow in an exciting start-up environment, while advancing your career
- Opportunities for movement within the company and the ability to start your own projects